THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

No Fuss Dinner

So, for dinner tonight we had the yummiest lasagna, and I'll admit it. . .I didn't make it. Our family loves the Wal-mart brand frozen lasagna. Unfortunately, I have never perfected the art of making lasagna! I like a nice thick lasagna, and mine always turns out flat! So. . Wal-mart saves the day for us. :)

We also had a strawberry-spinach salad and bread with an herbed oil dip. The salad is one of the best salads and very easy to make. It is so good, that almost all my kids will even eat the salad!

Heres the recipe (which came from a Pampered Chef recipe book):

sliced strawberries; half of a diced, peeled cucumber; sliced red onion (which I don't use); and a bag of baby spinach leaves.

Just toss all ingredients in a bowl, and then for the dressing:

In a small bowl mix:

2 T of lemon juice; 1 T of vegetable oil; 2 T of white wine vinegar; 1/3 cup of sugar; 1 t of poppy seeds

Once thoroughly mixed, pour over salad and toss.

We also had a very yummy bread dip. When we went over to our friend Megan's house the other day, she served the best oil dip! Since the dip she had only could be found in her home town, I tried to make my own. I'll admit I was a little worried since it was my first time making it, but it turned out to be really good.

In a small bowl mix:

1/4 cup of olive oil; 2 cloves of garlic, minced; 1 t of oregano, and 1 t of crushed red pepper flakes.

Microwave for 20 seconds. Let cool for a minute and then add 2-3 t of balsamic vinegar.

1 comments:

The M mom said...

I am so proud of you! I will start the meals by Megan sometime! Maybe after the shower stuff is over and I am not typing recipes! :)

Megan