THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 17, 2008

OK. . .

So. . .here is my first meal! Today is St. Patrick's day, so I figured I had to have something that was Irish, or least something I think is Irish! Since my kids wouldn't eat corned beef, and I couldn't give them cold beer, I decided I needed to come up with Plan B. Kaiden's favorite dish is Shepard's Pie, and I think it is an Irish dish, or from somewhere around there, so that is what we had for dinner!! I also thought about putting green food coloring in the kids' milk, but then decided not to after remembering how the kids were a little grossed out when I made green eggs for a green eggs and ham dish. (I don't know what's wrong with my kids!) The Shepard's pie was a hit, but not as much of a hit as dessert!! For dessert, we had a ice cream pie that I saw on the Internet somewhere!! The whole meal was so simple, and very satisfying!!

Shepard's Pie

Grasshopper Pie

So here are the instructions for the meal:

Shepard's Pie-

(Thanks to my mother-n-law for this simple, yet yummy recipe!)

Ingredients:

1 lb of ground beef, 1 can of tomato soup, 1 can of green beans, family size serving of mashed potatoes

Cook the ground beef. Drain the grease. Add the tomato soup and green beans to the skillet and mix.

Put that mixture in a casserole dish and then spread the mashed potatoes on top. (Note about the potatoes: A good cook will make potatoes from scratch, aka my mother-n-law, but I just use instant potatoes. The trick is finding a good instant potato!) I had the oven warmed to make garlic bread, so when I was done making the Shepard's Pie, I put it in the oven to keep warm till we ready to eat! That's it!! It is so easy, yet really good!!

Now for dessert.

Grasshopper Pie

Ingredients:

mint chocolate chip ice cream, tub of whipped cream topping, pre-made chocolate cookie crust

This was VERY simple!! I let the whipped cream topping thaw completely out and set the ice cream on the counter to get a little soft. When it was soft, I just spread the ice cream on the crust. Next, I spread on the whipped cream. Then I put the pie back into the freezer to set for about an hour and a half. Again, the recipe I saw online called for crushing Oreo cookies and spreading in a pie tin for the crust, but I am all about easy, so I bought an already made crust in the pie tin from the store!!


2 comments:

The M mom said...

I am very impressed with your pictures and writings. I will have to start working on mine but it will take some time. Does this mean that we have too much time on our hands? Hee hee!

Megan

The Horn Family said...

I made Shepards Pie for dinner the other night and we really liked it. Thanks for sharing such yummy recipes.